Guy has a wealth of experience in economics and finance in the energy and environment sector, having worked on short and long assignments for a wide range of clients. In recent years these have included
* EDF Renewables (2018-2020). In this most recent contract I spent two years at EDF Renewables as Strategy and Analysis Manager in the London office, overseeing market and financial analysis underpinning investments in offshore wind, onshore wind, solar and battery storage. In this time I also undertook two strategic reviews for the business setting out the long term investment ambition, introduced detailed competitor analysis and set out an auction bidding strategy for offshore wind.
* BP Economics (2017) - In 2017 I worked with the BP Economics team for 6 months where I was responsible for global oil supply analysis and was part of the 2017 BP Energy Outlook analysing future energy demand in the global built environment and developing countries.
* Childrens Investment Fund Foundation (2017) - Review of Renewable Energy Policies in Mexico and India. For CIFF I undertook a detailed review of renewable energy policies and economics in India and Mexico to identify how these countries could accelerate the build out of renewable energy.
* EDF Renewables (2016) - Ireland Market Entry Strategy. In 2016 I undertook at strategic review of the Irish renewable energy market. This ultimately resulted in EDF making significant investments in Ireland, particularly in onshore and offshore wind.
* Sandbag (2016) - Cost of complying with European climate targets to 2030. This project involved the detailed analysis of abatement costs for all EU countries under the Effort Sharing Decision as padrt of the EU's 2030 Climate Action Plan.
* Green Investment Bank (2015) - Green Investment Data System. For the GIB I designed and implemented a process for capturing and reporting on the amount of capital being invested in green infstracture in the UK. This was used as an important reference point for the bank's activities.
* BG Group (2014) - Global Carbon Market Analysis. I undertook at thorough review of the world's active and potential carbon markets in California-Quebec, Australia, Kazahkstan and British Columbia. The analysis included price projections using fundamental abatement cost models.